General Mechanical

General Mechanical

FSI Simulation_Body Connections

• IqbalMesk
      Subscriber

Hello,

I have a complex wind turbine geometry for an FSI Simulation. The problem is in Ansys Static Structural. I need to combine parts either on meshing level or contacts. The blades root have four edges in the root end. blades have spar web inside as well , tower has linearly variable thickness, nacelle and hub constant thickness. 

I tried to many variation but I dont get the desired results. If I do the simulation only for blades I will get the accurate results but when connected to other parts via mesh or contacts wrong results. all 3 blades must have same deformation and stress. This is for my thesis and I am desperate to finish the work as soon as possible as the deadline is approaching so any help would be highly appreciated. tnx Iqbal.

.turbine meshing

• IqbalMesk
      Subscriber

considering the blades only. I applied sample forces and i get the result.

• IqbalMesk
      Subscriber

Now the whole geometry is considered, blades, hub and nacelle meshes are connected using edge to edge connection. results not the same for each blade. the blade pointing upward has higher deformation, the other 2 have equal and same deformation. definitely the problem is with meshing, contacts, boundary conditions i guess.

• Raef.Kobeissi
      Subscriber

are you sure your geometry is symmetrical or assembled correctly.

Regards

• IqbalMesk
      Subscriber

Symmetry: I had only the geometry of one blade and I used "Pattern" in DM to create the blades., Besides, in CFD Post pressure patterns on each blade are the same. I think there is no problem with the geometrical symmetry. If you see the bottom two blades share same stress behavior as oppose to the top blade so whatever the problem is, it is in here. See the 2nd photo in which I only simulated with the blades, each blade indicates same deformation. 

Assembly: blades are to connected to the hub  on meshing level using "edge to edge" bonding option. The blade root circles have 4 edges, hub has cuts where it meets the blades. each sharing 4 edges. 

I can share the ANSYS WB file if you can help .

Regards,

Iqbal Meskinzada

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.