Fluids

Fluids

FSI Tank Sloshing Dynamic Mesh Settings

• nikos
      Subscriber
      Hello I am running a coupled analysis of Fluent and Transient Structural for simulating sloshing of a fluid in a tank.
      Pics show the mesh of the fluid body and the dynamic zones created for the model. There are two fluid-structure interface regions, the lower is between tank and water and the upper is between tank and air.
      Smoothing and Layering are checked in Dynamic Mesh (see pics).
      I would like some help regarding the dynamic mesh and what the optimal settings could be because I am running a lot into the "negative cell volume detected" error and in general the sloshing is not so apparent and effective.
      I also tried to make use of the cell height setting, under Meshing Options as well as the Solution Stabilization (see pics) but I need to find some definite way to use this settings effectively.
      Thanks for any input on the problem.
    • nikos
      Subscriber

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

If you search for "negative volume" you'll find the general solution is to decrease the time step. 

• FlorianHenscheid1
      Subscriber

hello nikos, I edit the same for my master work. I wanted to ask if you could solve the problem and possibly help me?

regards florian

• FlorianHenscheid1
      Subscriber

I have the same problems as you or maybe even more. For me, the lower fluidity (water) does not even move. Also, I don't know which model to use for the two fluids. I think you would have to do a VOF. So that the water gets into a Sloshing movement.When I tried two FS interfaces of the fluids to pair with the FSI of the solid, an error message also came, so I could not have expected these settings any further.

regards Florian

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Read up on the VOF model. Why would you need two interfaces to pair up the fluid & solid zones? 

• bilalben
      Subscriber

Hi Sir

can you provide me with tutorials on liquid sloshing

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.