June 17, 2023 at 11:51 pmJosiah HamiltonSubscriber
I am a student and my supervisor suggested that I become familiar with your Lumerical FDTD modelling software. I have tried getting a thirty-day trial license but to no avail. Is there any way I could get some help setting this up? I have tried following the steps on the website, but each time I somehow fail to be able to get it to work. When I request a trial license, it says I have already requested one, and therefore cannot request another.
June 19, 2023 at 4:59 pmLito YapAnsys Employee
Please see the step-by-step instructions in our Knowledge Base (KB).
Ensure that you have both the Ansys License Manager and Ansys Optics/Lumerical simulation software installed on your computer.
Then Add the license file to the Ansys LM.
And configure Lumerical to obtain the license from your computer, localhost.
*** See Ansys Optics – Install & Licensing Troubleshooting and FAQ for answers to common and known issues. ***
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.