General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Full Nonlinear Transient Analysis Error: The solver engine was unable to converge on…

• OnurOzturkoglu
      Subscriber

Hi, 

I am trying to perform a full nonlinear transient analysis on a wind turbine model. A earthquake record is defined at the top as a displacement (base reaction). 

I did linear transient analysis under almost same conditions. After that I added bilinear material behaviour and I change  "Newton-Raphson Option" as "full" at nonlinear controls. I started the anlaysis and after a short time, analysis has stoped and this error message was shown: The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.  Please see the Troubleshooting section of the Help System for more information."

Please help me to fix this. 

Thank you for your attention.

Best, 

Onur.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Onur, you have only put the .wbpj file in a zip file.  The .wbpj file is useless without the _files folder of the same name.

Please use the ANSYS Workbench File > Archive menu pick to save a .wbpz file type. This can be attached to posts as long as the file size is < 120 MB.

Note that ANSYS employees are not permitted to open attachments, only non-ANSYS members can do that.

If you want help from ANSYS employees, you have to insert images into your posts using the Insert Image button and describe the problem fully.

A Google Search on the phrase "unable to converge" returns 284 results on this site. You might get an idea of what to do if you read some or most of those posts.

• OnurOzturkoglu
      Subscriber

Sorry for the file. I deleted and uploaded new one. Thank you.

• bibas
      Subscriber
      Hi,nI m trying to simulate the deformation on a wing spar with two spars attached to it. nThe error The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained. Please see the Troubleshooting section of the Help System for more informationPlease help me to fix this. nThank you for your attention.nBest, nBeatriznArraynn
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.