Photonics

Photonics

GDS Export issue

Tagged: ,

• rakesh_krishna
      Subscriber

I am trying to export the layout of a device into GDS file for fabrication. For this I downloaded the GDS automated export example, and copied the lsf/script file along with the other .lsfx files into a folder where the layout fdtd file is located. I made sure that the objects under the structure group of the device are named differently. In addition, I have set the z_min, and z_max according to the layout of the device. But when I run the script file, although no error shows up, the output GDS file doesnt show any device or layers. What am I missing here?

• Guanhui Wang
      Ansys Employee

Hi rakesh_krishna,

Thank you for the post. The figures are not shown up correctly. One thing you can check is to load the GDS into another CAD tool to see whether it could load up successfully. I remember there is a loading problem with a certain version of KLayout. Otherwise if you still see the problem. please send the files to lumerical.support@ansys.com

• rakesh_krishna
      Subscriber

I tried the latest version of the KLayout available on their website.

I get a different error while opening the file. It says that the cell that I am trying to export already exists in the same location.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.