August 17, 2023 at 3:14 amPo-Yu HsiaoSubscriber
I followed this example: GDSII Export Automation (https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500006203341) trying to export my grating coupler structure. As shown below, the z min and z max I set for layer 1 were exactly the value of my structure. However, this script did not detect my structure and generated an empty .gds file. Can you help me solve this issue? Thank you so much
August 17, 2023 at 2:18 pmDevika Padmakumar NairAnsys Employee
Hello, seems like no layer is detected here.
- Have you tried the example file? does that work?
- Make sure the all geometries you are trying to extact has same layer def as given in script. eg, for ring make sure zmin is 0 and zmax is 0.9
August 17, 2023 at 6:09 pmPo-Yu HsiaoSubscriber
- Yes, that works.
- Yes, all the structures have same zmin=0 and zmax=0.9.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.