August 10, 2022 at 5:33 pmjavat33489Subscriber
Hi all. Previously, I modeled water with sand in Fluent. I pumped sand fractions into the water. Please tell me how to make gel instead of water? I would like to have a gel and mix sand fractions into it. Gel is a non-Newtonian fluid.
August 11, 2022 at 9:16 amRobAnsys Employee
In much the same way as water. Alter the material properties, and set the viscosity via one of the nonNewtonian models. Note, these are only available when the system is laminar.
August 11, 2022 at 12:39 pmjavat33489Subscriber
Thank you! What is the best non-Newtonian model for gel?
August 11, 2022 at 2:45 pmRobAnsys Employee
It depends..... Which one best fits your data for the shear range of interest?
August 11, 2022 at 5:09 pmjavat33489Subscriber
do I need to know the shear range of the gel?
what other data is needed to determine the model for the gel? I will need to request them from the supplier.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Floating point exception
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- How to model free convection warming of liquid in a plastic bag