August 31, 2023 at 5:21 pmTianyuan WangSubscriber
I would like build a coaxial double buoy in AQWA workbench, but I am a little confused about the lid method in AQWA.
In workbench, does the structural surface of the floating body on the SWL need to be preserved? I am not sure if the structural surfaces on the SWL are involved in the calculations.
This essentially relates to the principle of the internal lid method. If I turn on the internal lid method, does AQWA generate additional lid elements that are duplicated with the structural surface meshes on the SWL.
For a torus with a moon pool, assume that the structural surface on the SWL is deleted in the DM, does the internal lid method just generate the internal lid of the toroidal surface, or generate the lid including the toroidal surface and moon pool?
As for a coaxial double buoy, how could I generate a external lid of the narrow gap between inner and outer bodies?(2) Is there a clearance required between the lid and the other body?
(3) I found AQWA USER MANUAL highlights that lid normal should be pointing up (away from the fluid). Do all the lids have to meet this requirement? And this operation needs to be done in DM?
Looking forwards to hearing from you
August 31, 2023 at 5:23 pmTianyuan WangSubscriber
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.