September 27, 2017 at 11:19 amadminAnsys Employee
How to generate automatic metric report from ANSYS Meshing?
October 17, 2017 at 5:53 amadminAnsys Employee
1) Copy/paste the code below into a file with the suffix "*.js" 2) Run the Jscript file in ANSYS Meshing via "Tools -> Run Macro" //+++++++++ JScript code ++++++++// var DS = WB.AppletList.Applet( "DSApplet" ).App; var Nodes=DS.Tree.GetObjectByName("Mesh"); // Choose the metric to evaluate Nodes.MeshMetric=7; // 1=Element Quality, ..., 7=Skewness DS.Script.doMeshMetrics(); // Access properties var nelements = Nodes.Elements; // number of elements var nnodes = Nodes.Nodes; // number of nodes var min = Nodes.MeshMetricMin; // minimum value depending on the choice of the mesh metrics var max = Nodes.MeshMetricMax; // maximum value depending on the choice of the mesh metrics var avg = Nodes.MeshMetricAverage; // average value depending on the choice of the mesh metrics /// write to file var fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject"); var a = fso.CreateTextFile("c:testfile.txt", true); a.WriteLine("Mesh Metrics"); var str1 = "Number of Elements = " + String(nelements); a.WriteLine(str1); var str2 = "Number of Nodes = " + String(nnodes); a.WriteLine(str2); var str3 = "Minimum Metric Value = " + String(min); a.WriteLine(str3); var str4 = "Maximum Metric Value = " + String(max); a.WriteLine(str4); a.Close(); //+++++++++ END ++++++++//
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- how to improve the inflation quality at sharp corners?
- check element type
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- Meshing Error
- Error in meshing
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- execution error inside the mesher. The process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of memory
- inflation created stairstep mesh at some location
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.