August 19, 2019 at 7:14 amravi123rkjSubscriber
I am doing the buckling analysis of stepped column. I want to perform non linear analysis but I don't know which strain equation ansys is using when I use geometric non linearity by turning large deflection on.
August 19, 2019 at 2:56 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
If you are asking about solid elements, the strain equation doesn't change when large deflection is turned on. The nodes are updated to the displaced location, a new stiffness matrix is computed and a new force imbalance is computed. This process is iterated until the force imbalance is below the convergence criterion.
August 19, 2019 at 2:59 pmravi123rkjSubscriberHi Thanks for reply.
From where can I see that what type of strain equation ansys is using?
August 19, 2019 at 5:43 pmMike RifeAnsys Employee
ravi123rkj - please see the following help section:
ANSYS Help -> Mechanical APDL -> Theory Reference chapters 2 "Structures" and 3 "Structures with Geometric Nonlinearalities".
I think you are asking about the small strain definition versus Hencky strain.
August 20, 2019 at 3:49 pmravi123rkjSubscriber
Hi Mike sir,
I have searched that on Ansys help but could not found anything of that sort. Can you please upload this with some screenshots so that I can see where can I found this.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.