Fluids

Fluids

Geometry and Mesh Extraction

• Amruth
      Subscriber

Hello,

The question that I have was already asked by someone but I was not able to follow the response. Nevertheless, my question is that whether it is possible to extract back the mesh and geometry from the cas.h5 and dat.h5 files?  Unfortunately, I lost both of them in the process of saving .cas.h5 and .data.h5 files.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Amruth

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Please save it as .cas file.
      Then read that file in SpaceClaim and use reverse engineering tools to create geometry from it.
      " target="blank">Reverse Engineering with ANSYS SpaceClaim - YouTube
      Regards Keyur
      How to access Ansys Online Help Document
      Guidelines on the Student Community

• Amruth
    Subscriber
    Keyur,
    Thank you for the response and help. I was able to open the file in Space claim. I then saved it as .scdoc file. This opens in the next step ('Mesh') but the original mesh is erased.
    As I had set up 'Inflation Layer' in the mesh, I just need to see its details. In order to do this, I tried generating a Report in CFD Post, but even the report only shows the total number of cells and nodes.
    Amruth
  • Rob
    Ansys Employee
    The mesh format doesn't necessarily retain the mesh settings, only the mesh itself. If you used Fluent Meshing you may be able to read the case file back into that and the workflow settings might be retained.
  • Amruth
    Subscriber
    Rob, thank you for the input
  • Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.