February 8, 2021 at 11:22 amavidanoSubscriber
I want to analyze flexible cylinder (mechanical+fluent).
February 8, 2021 at 1:14 pmKeyur KanadeAnsys EmployeeAs ANSYS Staff, we can not download attachments. Please upload images using upload image functionality. nPlease also check if you can do hex meshing in Ansys meshing. nnRegards,nKeyurnHow to access Ansys Online Help DocumentnHow to show full resolution imagenGuidelines on the Student CommunitynHow to use Google to search within Ansys Student CommunitynFebruary 8, 2021 at 2:13 pmavidanoSubscriberHiArray, here are the images.nnMultiZone works fine but when Inflation is added I get message :A software execution error occurred inside the mesher. The process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of usable memory. nI think the memory is not a problem. When I reduce first layer height from 1.9e-5 to 8e-4, mesh is executed successfully. But then my y+ is not 1 or smaller.nnI didn't use any further local settings and at one point when refining global settings again the same message appears.nFebruary 8, 2021 at 4:02 pmKarthik RAdministrator
- Can someone check my geometry attached cause I am not sure if I did it ok. You will see that I did many steps and there must be some better way of splitting the domain for hexa mesh. Also, the question is should there be a "solid" body under part tree so later one can identify it as a cylinder wall?
- As I have found out that the best hexa mesh can be obtained in ICEM, and also that ICEM can be used for FSI problems, the question is: is it better to make the geometry inside the DM or directly in ICEM? Or should I stick to the Ansys Meshing for this simple geometry?
Hi @kkanade, here are the images.https://us.v-cdn.net/6032193/uploads/FW38N3I5XY10/f3.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/6032193/uploads/E1M4DD565FBW/f2.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/6032193/uploads/V1GIJV5MJK04/f1.pngMultiZone works fine but when Inflation is added I get message : "A software execution error occurred inside the mesher. The process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of usable memory." I think the memory is not a problem. When I reduce first layer height from 1.9e-5 to 8e-4, mesh is executed successfully. But then my y+ is not 1 or smaller.https://us.v-cdn.net/6032193/uploads/DJMMR2N33CLF/mesh.pngI didn't use any further local settings and at one point when refining global settings again the same message appears.https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/comment/105953#Comment_105953Hello, nBased on error message you provide - this seems like a memory issue. How many cells are we talking about in your mesh. Please check the mesh statistics for this number.nAlso, what is your Memory on this machine?nKarthiknFebruary 8, 2021 at 4:14 pmavidanoSubscriberThank you for your time nIt is a bit less than 2.5 million. nMachine memory is 16GB of RAM. nViewing 4 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.