Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Geometry editor closed abnormally _ SCDM 18.1 functional standalone

• nimishaiitm
      Subscriber
      Hello, I am facing an issue with the geometry editor in workbench.     This is similar to an an issue I have attached a link for, I tried all the resolutions there but it is still not fixed. The final resolution is not mentioned in the thread.   Also, if this issue needs time to be resolved, please suggest a work around for the time being so that I can set-up a simulation using fluent.   Reference issue - geometry editor closed abnormally
    • nimishaiitm
      Subscriber

When I tried to invoke WB from SCDM 18.1, the following error is thrown

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

What are you doing in Geometry, or is it failing to open correctly?  As an aside, I'd suggest updating to 2019R3: you're using software that's about 2 years old. 

• nimishaiitm
      Subscriber
      It's not interfacing with WB. I am using an academic license from the University
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee

If it's working standalone but not in Workbench I suspect the University have missed something during the set up. You may need your IT group to fix this. 

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

If you tried all in that thread but still having issue, then you are likely having the GAC issue as stated in the last post there and described in details here

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/error-geometry-editor-was-closed-abnormally-1/

As mentioned there, you will have to seek help from your IT or Microsoft expert about this issue. You won't be able to use any other ANSYS tool with SC if this is not fixed.

I'm not sure if there'd be any information loss (others can comment more on this) but you can try exporting your SpaceClaim model to Step or IGES file, then read that into Workbench.

• zahraa
      Subscriber

hello, do you know how can I find  element midside nodes in advanced>mesh>model  I cant find in ansys 18.2 

Thank you so much 

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Please create a new thread in Mechanical section.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.