3D Design

3D Design

geometry error

• Elias
      Subscriber
      After I create a rectangle and exit it doesn't show the green right sign so I can't proceed to the next step.May anybody help please.
    • Naresh Patre
      Ansys Employee

hello Elias,

I guess you are using Design Modeler for geometry creation. You need to create a solid geometry from the sketch that you created in order to proceed further. Please check out below videos on geometry creation in design Modeler.

• Elias
      Subscriber
      No dear it's on spaceclaim geometry and it's 18.2
    • Elias
      Subscriber
      ..... As the Cornell professor did
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Dear Elias,

I assume you are doing the edX course.

After you draw the rectangle, you must click the 3D button or click the Pull tool (without pulling anything) and a surface will replace the four curves of the rectangle. Then you can exit SpaceClaim and have a green check mark.

But before you open SpaceClaim, go to the properties of the Geometry cell and select the Type to be 2D and not 3D.  Then you must also draw on the XY plane in SC.

Regards,
      Peter

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Please have a look at 

Regards,

Keyur

• Elias
      Subscriber
      That's exactly where I am doing as edx course step but still it doesn't show me the green mark and if it may related it also shown "the geometry editor was closed abnormally"
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Are you opening SpaceClaim through Workbench?

Can you open standalone SpaceClaim? Can you please go to windows - start and type SpaceClaim. Then open SpaceClaim. Can you open and work  in this standalone SpaceClaim?

Also try to reinstall latest version i.e. 19.2. 

Regards,

Keyur

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Are you opening SpaceClaim through Workbench?

Can you open standalone SpaceClaim? Can you please go to windows - start and type SpaceClaim. Then open SpaceClaim. Can you open and work  in this standalone SpaceClaim?

Also try to reinstall latest version i.e. 19.2. 

Regards,

Keyur

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.