3D Design

3D Design

Geometry failed to interface

• Harrison117
      Subscriber

Hi im working on a drop vehicle project for my university and I'm attempting to run a CFD analysis and FEA on my vehicle. However whenever I create an enclosure it increases my face count over the limitations. Then when I use a Boolean tool to subtract the vehicle from my enclosure it reduces down the face limitation under 300. When I try to run the mesh section ansys gives me these errors

How do i get around this? BTW im used solidworks for my part assembly it initially has 173 faces.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

When I am in SpaceClaim, it doesn't complain about the number of faces until I try to save so I don't understand what your problem is.

• Harrison117
      Subscriber

im using design modeler but basically the geometry saves okay but the moment i try to move on to the mesh portion it gives me those errors above. Im trying to run a airflow sim on fluent. 

Im not sure if its because i originally went over the student ansys limit of 300 faces with my added enclosure tool or if there's something wrong with the initial cad

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

File > Archive and create a .wbpz file then attach that file after you reply with the Release of ANSYS you are using and I will take a look.

• Harrison117
      Subscriber

Im using Ansys workbench 2019 R1

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hello Harrison,

I opened your model, in 2019 R1, I opened SpaceClaim and I used the Repair tab to remove Extra Edges.  Then I did the Enclosure. Then I deleted the solid body so I only had the enclosure solid, because keeping both would exceed the face count.

Here is a mesh with some inflation layers added.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.