October 2, 2020 at 5:30 pmSaiDAnsys EmployeeWhy is geometry not updated from DesignModeler to Mechanical?n
October 2, 2020 at 7:22 pmKaiAnsys EmployeeIt may happen that you might have browsed external CAD in Geometry System and then connected Geometry System to Static Structural Analysis System under Project Schematic page. And then directly opened the CAD in Mechanical. Later you might have opened the geometry back in DesignModeler for some modifications. This may make the connection between Geometry System and Static Structural Analysis System out-of-date. And hence when you change the geometry in DM, it does not get updated in Mechanical. To resolve this, you can delete the connection between Geometry System and Static Structural Analysis System. After that, again connect it the same way and Refresh the Model cell under Static Structural Analysis System. This should update the connection between two systems and geometry gets updated as per changes done in DM.n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.