Fluids

Fluids

Get AOA from ANSYS Fluent GUI

• hocon
      Subscriber

How can drawing angle of attack AOA from Ansys Fluent GUI.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Please elaborate: you set the angle of attach in the geometry, so you should know that? 

• hocon
      Subscriber

Ah, I forgot mentioning that my geometry is a vertical turbine, so the AOA is changing against azimuth. In the result I can draw the velocity or pressure against azimuth but not the AOA against azimuth from GUI. So question is how can I get the AOA gains azimuth or how to set it up in Fluent?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

You'll need an expression that's a function of the x,y position of the leading & trailing edge. Sketch the blade position at a couple of locations and figure out the maths you'll need. 

One tip: if you label each blade separately and create an isosurface of z (assuming z is up) whilst selecting the blade surface you'll create a line of intersection between the two surfaces. This will help locate the leading & trailing edge positions. 

• hocon
      Subscriber

Your suggestion is that it is  theoretical one calculated by azimuth, TSR, and pitching angle  so the AOA obtained from post CFD gives no information on the actual behavior of the turbine. what I want to know is the actual AOA and how to do it as the similar way to get a lift coefficient from GUI

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Can you post some images? I'm getting lost as to what the actual problem is. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.