Fluids

Fluids

Get boundary info in a TUI variable for a script

• atulsingh92
      Subscriber

I have a geometry which has 4 face zones for example , with their specific face zone ids.

Now, if I change some parameter for another instance of the same CAD,

1) Will i get the same zone ids, for this new cad?

2) How can I set a command in fluent meshing (19R2), such that, in the option where boundary zones is required to be entered, it can get the current zone id, and feed into itself?

Or perhaps define variables ( 4 variables for 4 boundary zones for example), which get these ids and store themselves into this variable, and use that variable for defining the tui

thanks,

Atul

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

If you use Named Selections can you do it? Note, Fluent Meshing and parameters don't always work well even in 2019R3: don't think they work at all in R19.2 

• atulsingh92
      Subscriber

Hi,

The named selection remains the same each time, what changes is the zone id assigned to them. I believe this will be new each time a new model with same named selections is opened.

Hence a command that will "get zone id" should be better to assign to a variable, and then using the variable.

Would this be possible?

thanks,

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Check, named boundaries tend to be easier to use; zone ids may or may not change. 

Please bear in mind that 2019R3 nearly/mostly supports the workflow with parameters for Fluent Meshing. By the time you get the journals done 2020R1 will be out.... 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.