July 14, 2020 at 12:12 amAAAbdelnabiSubscriber
I want to get linearized stress on a path using cyclic symmetry in thermal stresses one-way couples model in ANSYS Workbench.
I am modelling 1/4 pipe with constant temp boundary conditions and I displacement boundary condition at one of the ends.
I followed SimuTech Group video " How to Include Cyclic Symmetry and Path Results in ANSYS Mechanical Workbench" where a commands (APDL) is used with a command line or function (cpcyc,all,,999,,45,,0) but the model couldn't solve, said errors and warnings exceeded 200 and give me this warning:
*** WARNING *** CP = 40.344 TIME= 19:20:58
Specified constraints on slave degrees of freedom in a coupled set are not allowed. The constraint on this degree of freedom has been removed: coupled set number 93, slave node 138079, UZ.
I don't what is wrong with the coupling.
July 15, 2020 at 6:04 pmAniketAnsys Employee
Does your model involve large rotations? if large rotations are involved CPCYC will not work and you will need to do a full model for this case.
Have you specified the coordinate system ID? Is angle 45 degrees? Is match control used to match mesh on the faces?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.