General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Get linearized stress on a path using cyclic symmetry

• AAAbdelnabi
      Subscriber

Hi,

I want to get linearized stress on a path using cyclic symmetry in thermal stresses one-way couples model in ANSYS Workbench.

I am modelling 1/4 pipe with constant temp boundary conditions and  I displacement boundary condition at one of the ends.

I followed SimuTech Group video " How to Include Cyclic Symmetry and Path Results in ANSYS Mechanical Workbench" where a commands (APDL) is used with a command line or function (cpcyc,all,,999,,45,,0) but the model couldn't solve, said errors and warnings exceeded 200 and  give me this warning:

*** WARNING ***                         CP =      40.344   TIME= 19:20:58

Specified constraints on slave degrees of freedom in a coupled set are not allowed.  The constraint on this degree of freedom has been removed: coupled set number 93, slave node 138079, UZ. 

I don't what is wrong with the coupling.

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

Does your model involve large rotations? if large rotations are involved CPCYC will not work and you will need to do a full model for this case.

Have you specified the coordinate system ID? Is angle 45 degrees? Is match control used to match mesh on the faces?

-Aniket

How to access Ansys Online Help Document

How to show full resolution image

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to use Google to search within Ansys Student Community

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.