February 18, 2023 at 7:34 pmDaniel NeubauerSubscriber
I'm running APDL in batch mode, called from MATLAB. The calculation I do has a high number of load steps ranging up to 6000. As each step does take around 20 sec, I'd like to get some information on solving progress by getting the latest solved load step (or similar) as an indicator of progress.
Matlab waits for the system exec to be done, so I cannot track progress by reading the output file by matlab - at least not on my level of Matlab knowledge! Also manually reding the out file does not work since my computer cannot open the file thorugh editor as it becomes too large. Is there any other way APDL can transfer a message while solving?
Highly appreciating any idea or suggestion in which direction to search.
February 20, 2023 at 8:31 amErik KostsonAnsys Employee
You should be able to see the solution progress in the solve.out file.
Hope this helps
February 20, 2023 at 4:46 pmBill BulatAnsys Employee
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.