January 11, 2019 at 5:59 ambhanu34Subscriber
Does anyone know how to get mat ID of material with certain young's modulus or Poisson's ratio through APDL commands ?
January 11, 2019 at 8:14 amsathyaSubscriber
I guess there must be command using *GET.
In the meantime , you can use MPLIST,ALL to list all material data defined as a text file.
Then just search for the corresponding magnitudes of EX or PRXY and find the mat ID associated with the data.
January 11, 2019 at 10:41 ambhanu34Subscriber
Can you please be little more elaborate on *GET command?
January 11, 2019 at 1:03 pmjpasquerellAnsys Employee
do a *get of the maximum material id number into a parameter- see the help for *GET with the entity of MAT
create a do loop from 1 to the maximum material id number parameter
*get of EX for the do loop counter number at the desired temperature - see the help for *GET with the entity of MPLAB (MPLAB can be any of the actual material property labels including PRXY for Poisson's ratio).
*IF the EX parameter matches the desired then
set the output mat id to be the current loop parameter value then *EXIT so no more loops
January 14, 2019 at 5:55 amsathyaSubscriber
I am using the following syntax but it is not able to read for discontinuous mat id like 1,50,,etc.
Can you correct me?
*ask,ym,Enter the magnitude of EX in system units
January 18, 2019 at 12:55 pmjpasquerellAnsys Employee
I ran you commands and they worked for me but you can add another *if level to not test prop vs YM when there is no EX for a mat id as prop is an undefined parameter which has a value of 2**(-100) .
!*ask,ym,Enter the magnitude of EX in system units
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Large deflection