June 28, 2023 at 2:53 amAISWARYA K PSubscriber
I am not getting desired results in Mechanical Apdl. I think this is the problem due to my boundary conditions. I am trying to perform free vibration of stiffened panels. Can anyone please help me in giving the boundary condition for a rectangular plate? What are the settings I need to give in Displacement section for getting (a) simply supported (S-S-S-S) rectangular Stiffened plate (b) Constraint (C-C-C-C) rectangular Stiffened plate and (c) a combination of these (C-S-C-S), (F-S-F-F), (S-C-F-E)
June 28, 2023 at 5:38 pmBill BulatAnsys Employee
You could try defining remote displacements on the edges of the plate. For a simply supported case, constrain all 3 translational DOFs and leave the rotational DOFs free/undefined. For fixed support, constrain the 3 rotational DOFs as well. I think this should work whether the plate is modeled as a solid body (meshed with solid elements that only have translational DOFs) or a surface body (meshed with shell elements that also have rotational DOFs).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- User manual
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.