Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Getting error AnsysWBU.exe encountered a problem

• rdk9000
      Subscriber

Hi,

I've been running Ansys 2019 R1 for about a month now after I got if working from a previous problem. Now whenever I try to open design modeler I get AnsysWBU.exe encountered a problem. A diagnostic file has been written: C:UsersreganAppDataLocalTempAnsysWBDumpFile.dmp. After I click okay it says the geometry editor was closed abnormally. Based on previous posts I have deleted both local and roaming appdata. I run as administrator and nothing. 

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi rdk9000,

Did you retry #3 and then #1 (has to be in this order) in here ?

https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/installation-issues-and-starting-problems-geometry-editor/?order=all#comment-d679f502-c0dd-4edc-87b5-a98801843d73

• rdk9000
      Subscriber

Hi tsiriaks,

I tried # 3 but am getting an error for the oleaut32.dll. It says "The module "oleaut32.dll" was loaded but the call to DIIRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005".  I also get similar errors for scrrun.dll and jscript.dll.

Problem still persists.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Did you run CMD Prompt with 'run as administrator' ?

• rdk9000
      Subscriber

I ran CMD Prompt as an administrator and all of #3 executed properly. I tried to open up a new Static Structural and go to design modeler and I'm still getting the same error.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

did you try #1 AFTER you did #3 ?

Was there any Windows update installed recently ?

What graphics card do you have on the machine ?

• ceydaaltintas
      Subscriber
      I try #1 AFTER i did #3. But I still get the same problemn
    • ceydaaltintas
      Subscriber

Please help men

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.