February 11, 2022 at 12:33 amSara91Subscriber
Is there a way, using Lumerical FDTD, to extract the nk of the films if I know the transmission and reflection? for example, if I have an ITO film on glass substrate, and I have experimentally measured its transmission and reflection, is there a way to include this ITO layer with the same optical properties that I have measured into my simulation?February 11, 2022 at 4:43 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeSo you have transmission and reflection (amplitude coefficient or power ratio?) and know the structure, you want to fit the result to find the refractive index of ITO and its layer thickness, right? this is the job of ellipsometory, and the instrument should have built-in algorithm to give you ITO thickness and refractive index. Please search online to find some formula.
On the other hand, FDTD is a deterministic algorithm, meaning it simulate the results based on device' material property and geometry. So once you have the device parameters you will be able to simulate and then compare with the measured result.
I hope this helps.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.