March 22, 2022 at 6:55 amSCLSubscriber
Hello. I'm trying to calculate the coupling efficiency of a tapered waveguide.
I also need to optimize the dimension of the entry facet, and the angle of the tapered portion of the waveguide.
I used to FDTD to obtain the transmission and field profile inside the waveguide after the tapered portion,
but I am only interested in how much energy was coupled to the TE00 mode of the waveguide.
However the field profile seems vastly different from the TE00 mode I obtained using MODE, and I believe modes other than TE00 mode has been coupled with the input Gaussian beam.
How do I extract the power fraction of the TE00 mode? Is there a tool provided by Lumerical / Ansys? Do I have to obtain the field distribution data and do some calculation myself? If so, what kind of theory should I look for?March 22, 2022 at 10:23 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeQ: How do I extract the power fraction of the TE00 mode?
A: you can use port to select TE mode and get its transmission. Please refer port and mode expansion monitor: Ports (FDTD) - Simulation Object Using and understanding Mode Expansion Monitors
You do not need to use the field data and do your own calculation.
A side note: you can use EME to optimize the taper.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.