March 30, 2023 at 6:12 amTim DietlSubscriber
Hello everyone, how can I read the stiffness out of the ds.dat datei?
March 30, 2023 at 1:05 pmChandra SekaranAnsys Employee
The ds.dat file has information about the model - nodes, elements, materials, boundary conditions etc. Can you elaborate on what you are looking for when you say 'stiffness'. Is it the assembled stiffness matrix or stiffness of any particular element? How do you plan to use this stiffness?
March 30, 2023 at 1:13 pmTim DietlSubscriber
Thank you for your answer. I am not sure but if I decrease the Sweep Size of a bolt it seems to get stiffer.
That's why I want to check the stiffness of the bolt.
The reason for the test is that I get different bolt adjustment values with different mesh sizes/ sweep sizes which I didn't expect and don't understand.
Do you have an idea?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.