Fluids

Fluids

Governing Equation for Periodic Boundary condition in Fluent?

Tagged: 

• SEANGHAI
      Subscriber

Hello! In ANSYS FLUENT, I am studying about the periodic condition for the water flow in a channel, after I run the calculation, I realized that the velocity is always changed by the material properties like density, viscosity, thermal expansion coefficient, thermal conductivity, whenever I change the material properties, the velocity is always changed. And also I have to input gravity, otherwise, the calculation will not be made. Thus is there any governing equation for the periodic condition in fluent which depends on the material properties? I tried to find it out in Fluent's Manual, but I couldn't find it! Please help me if you know about this problem! Thank you in advanced!

• Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello Even for a periodic flow, Fluent is still solving the same governing equations (continuity, momentum, and energy equations - NS equations). When you use a periodic boundary condition, Fluent is ensuring that the flow conditions at the intel are the same as that at the outlet. Since the general NS equations are dependent on the material properties of the fluid, you are seeing different results.
      I hope this answers your question.
      Thanks.
      Karthik
    • SEANGHAI
      Subscriber
      Thank You!
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.