November 7, 2019 at 2:06 pmLeonardo97Subscriber
Can anyone guide me on how to enable GPU acceleration in Workbench(R3 Academic research License) for explicit dynamics??
I have a academic version of ansys workbench with HPC package.
I would like a step by step guidance preferably with images or a tutorial video
I have a Nvidia Quadro P2000 along with an i7-9700k, 1 Tb SSD and 32 GB ram.
thanks in advance
November 7, 2019 at 4:01 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
I don't see Explicit Dynamics / AUTODYN on the list of programs that support GPU use.
I didn't check the Explicit Dynamics / AUTODYN User Guide but it might be the case that there is no GPU support.
Note that for the Mechanical APDL solver that is used for Transient Structural, the only Nvidia GPU supported is Tesla, not Quadro.
November 12, 2019 at 1:21 amMissy JiAnsys Employee
Generally GPU would improve performance of implicit solver, not much for explicit solver, for example, MAPDL takes advantage of GPU, while it would not help ANSYS Explicit Dynamics, so GPU is not implemented for ANSYS Explicit Dynamics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.