July 30, 2019 at 2:36 pmBernySubscriber
I am trying to simulate the interface between two immiscible fluids using VOF method. In order to capture the interface between the two fluids I am using an adaptive gradient mesh that refines at the interface between the two phases (see Fig. 1). Since the droplet is not always at the same position in the channel, I am also coarsening the mesh. In order to do that, I’ am using the following set-up of the mesh gradient adaptation (Figure1) which works properly.
To reach this result I’ve tried many different combinations of threshold (refine + coarsen). I read that the Refine threshold is usually set at 10% of the maximum value, but I don’t understand why this simulation is perfectly working with a threshold of 1 for the coarsen threshold (which from what I’ve understood from the manual wouldn’t make any sense, and should be lower than the refine threshold value).
I would like to understand why the case set-up like this works, even though according to your manual it should be set-up differently
Many thanks in advance,
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.