August 19, 2019 at 8:46 amLumpineSubscriber
I am simulating an rigid body which is moving throug a fluid. The fluid is a remeshing zone and consists of two different phases.
Now I am trying to refine the interphase of the two phases. Therefore i created a cell register and choose the zone over Density and Derivative Option Gradient. After that i choose this zone in refinement criterion.
The problem is that the dynamic mesh doesn't work if I use this refinement criterion. Without the criterion it works fine.
Can anyone help me. Is it possible to use the gradient adaption and the dynamic mesh at the same time?
Thank you very much!
August 20, 2019 at 10:19 amRobAnsys Employee
Have you checked compatibility of adaption and dynamic mesh?
August 20, 2019 at 10:22 amLumpineSubscriber
Thanks for your response!
How can I check compatibility?
August 20, 2019 at 12:30 pmRobAnsys Employee
It's usually covered in the User's or Theory Guide under limitations. You may need to check sections adaption and dynamic mesh as (helpfully) it may not say in both sections.....
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.