July 6, 2022 at 4:21 amCatherine.antipuestoSubscriber
Hello! I am trying to graph the additional coupling-induced phase shift due to asymmetry. To this, I have to get the data of the variables beta (Propogation constant), kappa_uu.
Does anyone of you know how to do this? Thank you!
July 6, 2022 at 9:23 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
I am not sure what is the device configuration? usually we do not extract the propagation constant in FDTD as no monitor can directly monitor it. If really necessary, you can try this method:
Equi-frequency contours of photonic crystal – Ansys Optics
and " kappa_uu" is the coupling coefficient? power or amplitude? for power coupling coefficient, it is relatively easy, as the transmission into a defined channel is this coefficient. for the amplitude coupling coefficient, since it is usually a complex number ,it can be difficult as the phase is very sensitive to the source and the monitor locations, as well as the coupling region. A careful, quantifiable definition is required.
July 7, 2022 at 4:31 amCatherine.antipuestoSubscriber
Hi Thank you very much for you response! May I ask how to obtain the power coupling coefficient using Lumerical Script?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.