April 12, 2022 at 6:59 pmrajatkumar.sinhaSubscriber
I am trying to find the grating coupling strength(α) for the Uniform grating coupler. In any grating couplerApril 13, 2022 at 10:36 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeWhen you place monitors across gratings, due to lattice resonance (I called it), or bloch mode nature, the power does not monotonically decrease, in nature. However you can still see the trend as your last image shows. You could do some kind of average, say in a period and see if the result improves.
April 13, 2022 at 11:27 pmrajatkumar.sinhaSubscriberThank you for the suggestion. I took the maxima of all the oscillations(rather than average) and then tried curve fitting and that worked. Thank you so much!!
April 14, 2022 at 5:20 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeYou are welcome! wish you a great success for your research.
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.