February 20, 2023 at 10:09 amdjihad-amina.djemmahSubscriber
Hello, I have a question regarding the display of results. I am using the grating S-parameters for my 3D simulations with 2000 frequency points, and my frequency range is from 200 to 400 GHz.
The simulation takes a few hours, but after it finishes, the display of the results (S-parameters) also takes a few hours. Is this normal? Do you know why this might be happening?
Thank you in advance
February 21, 2023 at 9:26 amGreg BaethgeAnsys Employee
Thank you for posting your question on the forum. The main issue here is the number of frequency points: the grating S-parameter analysis group calculates the S parameters at each frequency, sequentially (basically, using a for loop in the analysis script), so with 2000 points, the loop takes some time!
The first question would be whether you need that many point? Is that the case?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.