General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Grid on selected area

• javat33489
      Subscriber

Hi all. I have a piece of pipe, I created a grid on it. Can I select a square and make another grid there in WB prepost?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

What you you mean you "created a grid" on the pipe?

• javat33489
        Subscriber

I meant mesh. I created a mesh on the model. And I need to make a part of the grid different in a certain place on the plane, for example, smaller

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

There are several ways to refine the mesh in an area.

If you particularly want it to be a square, then you need to open the geometry in SpaceClaim and cut the boundary of a square on the body or sheet.  Use 4 planes, one for each edge of the boundary, to split the body. Two planes should pass through the axis so that the cut takes a radial path through the pipe thickness. After splitting the body 4 times, you can combine some of the parts back if you wish, or just leave it all cut up. In either case, go to the Workbench tab and use the Share button so that the mesh connects across the cut boundary.

If you don't need it to be a square, you can insert a Sizing Mesh Control using Sphere of Influence and you will get an approximately circular region of smaller elements, but you won't have to go out to Geometry. First create a coordinate system at the center of the region you want the smaller elements.

• javat33489
        Subscriber

Yes, I need to make a different mesh in the area without changing the geometry.

I will try this:

If you don't need it to be a square, you can insert a Sizing Mesh Control using Sphere of Influence and you will get an approximately circular region of smaller elements, but you won't have to go out to Geometry. First create a coordinate system at the center of the region you want the smaller elements.

Thank you!

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Without using SpaceClaim, you can add a Solid Box as a Constructuction Body in Mechanical and use that as a Body of Influence in a Mesh Sizing to get a Square section of mesh refinement.

• javat33489
        Subscriber

I will try this!

Thank you!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.