July 8, 2020 at 6:36 ambharathgkashyapSubscriber
Up to what frequencies can Groisse and Huray models be used in HFSS to analyze surface roughness?
I believe HFSS allows you to assign roughness for top and bottom surfaces when you are using a HFSS layout. Instead if you are using a HFSS design and use finite conductivity boundary condition to assign the surface roughness, how is it applied? (i.e., will it be applied to both top and bottom surfaces?)
And if it is applied to both surfaces what is the thickness of the 2D sheet which is applied with a finite boundary? What exactly is DC thickness used for? Because changing the value of DC thickness did not have any impact on the actual thickness of the metal from what I observed.
Thank you very much for your time in advance.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
- HFSS: reset marker legend dimensions.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.