October 6, 2020 at 2:58 pmbusraekinciSubscriberHello,nI want to define a road where the rims has a certain distance to it. I mean I want to put my car on a road but I do not know how to connect or give constraints to them. Fixed btw them? or displacement? I just want to give my model weight on a surface. Otherwise, I am not sure that the solver will get the constraint btw road and rim. (I am not using the wheels in the analysis, just rims) Could you help me please?
October 15, 2020 at 7:55 pmCheta RathodAnsys EmployeeCan you please elaborate in more details as to what kind of analysis is this, static or transient structural? What is the goal of the simulation?nI believe your question is what kind of contact setting you need between the wheel and road? One can use frictional contact settimg.n
October 27, 2020 at 6:46 ambusraekinciSubscriberYes, I want to give a contact between the road and rims, not the tires. So frictional contact is not suitable for rims and road. That's why, I am trying to find another way like displacement constraint or movement constraint. n
October 27, 2020 at 11:18 pmpeteroznewmanSubscribernYou could make a frictional contact between the rims and the road. The road will be on the Target side and a rim circular edge will be on the Contact side. In the contact definition, use an Offset equal to the tire height. In the contact definition, you can set the Normal Contact Stiffness to Absolute Value then enter the stiffness of the tire.n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.