December 2, 2022 at 11:03 amLuise ArmbrusterSubscriber
We want to use the EME in order to investigate the propagation of the guides modes through a structure. Unfortunately, finding all guided modes in each slice of the structure required searching for 100 modes. Hence, the simulation requires an enormous amount of memory. Since we know the number of guided modes at the beginning of the (tapering) structure, which is far below 100, we would expect much less modes to suffice for the description of the total field in each slice. Inspecting the computed modes more closely, we noticed that the EME eigensolver does not seem to search first for the modes with an effective index closest to the highest refractive index value. Now, the question is, if there is any possibility to change the settings, so that Lumerical searches for the modes near a user-defined refractive index first.
December 9, 2022 at 1:19 am
December 16, 2022 at 9:56 amLuise ArmbrusterSubscriber
We made the settings as described and also got the guided modes in the "EME Solver Cell Groups Setting" window when we let 10 modes be calculated. But when we ran the simulation, we didn't even get all the guided modes for the first cell.
What could be the cause for this?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.