June 29, 2020 at 1:17 pmmi24haSubscriber
I have this case:
My target is to animate barrel deflection (animation of vertical movement of the muzzle in time). I have given "pressure in time" function and nothing else. Also it would be nice to include impact of the gases (friction between gases and barrel) on the solution.
My questions are:
1. Is this case solved with Fluent+Static Transient or Explicit Dynamics? Or maybe something else?
2. How to put gases the way pressure would be appropriate to my graph and appear only "behind" the projectile?
3. Is there "gunpowder" modeled as a material in ansys/explicit dynamics?
June 30, 2020 at 10:37 amRobAnsys Employee
You can use Patch to add in the propellant but that may not be suitable given the way guns work. You may also need to add a lot of mesh if you're looking at the leakage past the projectile.
For Fluent you also have the intrinsic FSI but I don't think that will work with the interface zones you will need to move the projectile: check the documentation.
June 30, 2020 at 2:49 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Explicit Dynamics has the ability to generate pressure from the ignition of explosive material, and have that pressure accelerate a projectile. You can find examples on YouTube.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.