October 18, 2023 at 4:53 pmMerySubscriber
I am trying to run the example https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/18254409091987 and generate an h5 file for Zemax in Lumerical version 2022 R2.3. I am receiving the following error h5write is not a valid function or variable name. What should I do?
October 18, 2023 at 5:12 pmAmrita PatiAnsys Employee
What happens if you run this ?h5write; in the Script Prompt?
October 18, 2023 at 7:17 pmMerySubscriber
It doesnt recognize the command. When I start typing ?h5 it suggest me read and info, but no write.
October 18, 2023 at 8:41 pmAmrita PatiAnsys Employee
I checked with the team internally. This script command was implemented in the 2023 R2.1 release. So, you would have to install 2023 R2.1 or 2023 R2.2 to be able to use this script command.
October 19, 2023 at 11:05 amMerySubscriber
I have follow-up questions:
- Locate the 3 .dll files lumhdf5.dll, lumhdf5_hl.dll, and zlib1.dll in the install folder of Lumerical and copy them in the installation folder of Zemax
What exact folder should I copy to these dll's? I copied it to Zemax>DLL>Surfaces as in step 3. Is it correct?
- Open the file metalens_R10mm_f300mm.zprj and see how the metalens is defined
I have the lates Zemax Optics Studio, and when I am trying to open this file, the extension of this file is not in the list. How can I open this file in OpticStudio?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ganhemt Project mistake can you help me
- How to calculate the cross-polarization efficiency and phase in FDTD
- save data error
- Simulation of a single pillar of a peltier cooler
- EME : field profile and cell periodicity
- Ansys Insight: Single frequency CW source
- What is the meaning of this error ” Bad termination of…” ?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.