General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Harmonic acoustics questions

• MCK_Pandaleon
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am trying to observe the behavior of a simplified 2D transducer in air, however it seems like I can't even define an acoustic body with a surface. Is this because harmonic acoustics can't be studied in 2D?

To reduce the weight of calculations I have created an "air bubble" on the emitting side of the transducer.

I am using ansys 2020 R2 and the problem has an axial symmetry.

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      HI

See the help manual under harmonic acoustics (section: Points to Remember), where we can find out that it is only valid for 3D .

Thank you

Erik
    • MCK_Pandaleon
      Subscriber
      Hello,
      Thank you for your help.
      If I could just bother you a little more I have another question .
      I have a 2D model, before generating a new mesh for my model I create a 2D axi-symmetry which then "creates" a 3D model. Or an approximation of a 3D model.
      Would it be possible to somehow use the meshed (with the axisymmetry) 2D model to then import it as a 3D model in a harmonic acoustics analysis? Without having to define a thickness for each surface of the 2D model.
      Thank s , any help is appreciated
    • Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      Hi

You can run 2D acoustics in WB by using a 2D harmonic structural system and the by converting elements to acoustic (using APDL command objects). As shown the outer edge of the acoustic domain must be circular, in order to apply absorbing BC (done via fluid129 elements).
      Commands to convert the air

Convert PZT
      And absorbing BC and voltage excite

For all commands refer to the command reference in the help manual.

As for you other question, not sure what you mean, but one can revolve a 2D surface into a 3D part .

All the best

Erik

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.