December 22, 2019 at 2:57 amrmaur29Subscriber
After obtaining natural frequencies and modal shapes from modal analysis, I have attempted harmonic analysis to determine resonance frequencies by applying forces on each side of the model (one is 180 degree out of phase) to replicate the rocking simulation experienced by the conveyor drive assembly while pulley shaft is in operation (pulley torque). The application of y direction forces to the torque arms (which have been realised to free from fix support) represents the forces countering the torque which is trying cause a twisting motion of the assembly. Although the resulting solution seems to show excessive y axis displacement only on one side as per below screenshot.
Any suggestion why this may be the case and there isn't an even deformation/displacement (of the drive assembly's) on each side?
Im trying to apply a sweep of 1-50Hz and cover 3.8Hz as this has been identified as the problem frequency.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.