General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Harmonic Analysis rotordynamics

• JHPontes
      Subscriber
      Hi all,nI am working on a rotordynamics project, and would llike to perform a harmonic analysis.nI've seen a discussion about inserting APDL commands to include rotordynamics effects such as coriolis and gyroscopic matrices. However I feel a little confused about the SYNCHRO command. As far as I understand when using the SYNCHRO command the analysis should be performed with the excitation on the force equal to the frequency of shaft rotation (used on the gyroscopic matrix calculation), so the result obtained would be a frequency response plot.nDoes that means that if I perform the same analysis without the SYNCHRO command and specifying a rotational velocity by OMEGA or COMEGA command (not quite sure what is the difference) I would obtain an unbalance response?nThanks a lotn
    • Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      JHPontes, Please check the help links:nSynchro command specifies whether the excitation frequency is synchronous or asynchronous with the rotational velocity of a structure.nOMEGA Specifies the rotational velocity of the structure.nnCOMEGA specifies the rotational velocity of an element component about a user-defined rotational axis.nand finally, for Rotordynamics analysis, please check:nandn-AniketnHow to access Ansys help linksnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forumnn
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.