March 28, 2022 at 12:05 pmMd_SalemSubscriber
I am carrying out optimization problem for an actuator location based on harmonic response. My problem is that I don't know how to do the optimization problem at certain frequency (i.e any of the natural ones) because harmonic analysis is done via steps for a frequency interval not at fixed frequency so the objective function is optimized allover the whole frequency interval not at single frequency .
So, I want to know how I can do the optimization at at each natural frequency value separately?March 29, 2022 at 1:09 pmChandra SekaranAnsys EmployeeIn harmonic 'analysis settings' you can input the range of frequency and the number of steps. If you want to analyze at exactly one frequency, say 100.5 Hz then you can put in the high value of the range to be 100.5 and set the number of steps to 1. The low value should not matter in this case. This will do one solve at 100.5 Hz,.
If you have more than one natural frequency at which you want to excite the structure, then set 'user defined frequencies' in Analysis Settings to YES and you can type in specific frequency values into the table. These frequencies will be solved in addition to whatever you provided in the range.
March 30, 2022 at 12:32 pmMd_SalemSubscriberHi, so appreciated , I thought in the 1st way you said and I will try the both ways
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Large deflection
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags