General Mechanical

General Mechanical

harmonic-based optimization

• Md_Salem
      Subscriber

I am carrying out optimization problem for an actuator location based on harmonic response. My problem is that I don't know how to do the optimization problem at certain frequency (i.e any of the natural ones) because harmonic analysis is done via steps for a frequency interval not at fixed frequency so the objective function is optimized allover the whole frequency interval not at single frequency .

So, I want to know how I can do the optimization at at each natural frequency value separately?

• Chandra Sekaran
      Ansys Employee
      In harmonic 'analysis settings' you can input the range of frequency and the number of steps. If you want to analyze at exactly one frequency, say 100.5 Hz then you can put in the high value of the range to be 100.5 and set the number of steps to 1. The low value should not matter in this case. This will do one solve at 100.5 Hz,.
      If you have more than one natural frequency at which you want to excite the structure, then set 'user defined frequencies' in Analysis Settings to YES and you can type in specific frequency values into the table. These frequencies will be solved in addition to whatever you provided in the range.
    • Md_Salem
      Subscriber
      Hi, so appreciated , I thought in the 1st way you said and I will try the both ways
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.