July 11, 2023 at 1:56 pmSamuele LuigettiSubscriber
Hello everybody, referring to the frequency response related to the deformation of a structure in the harmonic analysis, if i set the geometry on all bodies, the amplitude reported on the plot at which point of the strucuture are referred?
July 11, 2023 at 2:57 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
I don't know the answer to your question but I would guess that when all bodies are selected, the deformation is plotted at whatever location has the maximum deformation at each frequency. I don't find such a plot very useful.
I always select a vertex to plot the directional or total deformation versus frequency in a Harmonic Response analysis so I know exactly where the amplitude is being reported.
From that FRF plot, I note the frequency of the peak response and request a Stress plot at that frequency so I can see where on the structure the peak stress can be found.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- User manual
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.