Fluids

Fluids

Hcci engine simulation in Ansys forte

• Kirankumar
      Subscriber

Can we simulate hcci engine in Ansys forte, if yes, can anybody suggests me a tutorial or any other means of solving.

Regards

• RK
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,
      Yes, you can simulate HCCI engines in Forte. Here is the tutorial : https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v212/en/forte_tut/chap_multic.html?q=hcci
    • ravisingh119109
      Subscriber
      I have tried to simulate combustion in a Diesel engine with FLUENT, and I want to determinecombustion characteristics in compression ignition engine and parameters such as in-cylinder pressure, temperature, heat release rate, NOx emission, UBHC, etc.
      I appreciate if someone help me find out following issue:
      (1) How can I get detailed engine dimensions?
      (2) How to incorporate crank angle and valve timing information to FLUENT (Not in ANSYS-IC engine module)
      (3)Which models should activate to solve this problem in FLUENT?
      (4) How to give motion to piston and lift of valve?
      (5) Any other software which can help me out and calculate all information as required
    • Kirankumar
      Subscriber
      As per ur requirement ,it is enough to model engine cycle from inlet close to exhaust valve opening ,so better you go for Ansys forte. For more information you can mail me, I will give u my mail id in the next post, if u satisfied with this response.
      Thank you
    • ravisingh119109
      Subscriber
      ok i want to learn more about the diesel engine combustion in ANSYS fluent so please guide me through this and past your email ID
    • Kirankumar
      Subscriber
      First install Ansys, in the Ansys forte itself u will get tutorial guide just follow it
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.