Fluids

Fluids

Heat exchanger 2D simulation, Convection at internal wall doesn’t affect to the result?

• sutan_alam
      Subscriber

Hi, I'am begginer at ansys and I'am learning to use fluent to simulate heat transfer of shell and tube heat exchanger. I simulated 2D fluent of heat exchager external fluid only. I set the tube wall boundary condition to convection.

Strangely, turns out the the convection coefficient doesn't affect the result at all (I know it by tried it by filling the convect coeff. any number the result is just the same)

Somehow fluent doesn't take account on my internal fluid convetion at all to the simulation.

Does anyone know why this happen?

• Kishan Konannavar
      Ansys Employee
      Hello
      Could you please share, in the problem specification, how is the heat entering the domain and exiting the domain ? What are the boundary conditions for the external fluid?

Also, check this lesson out. Hope it is of help.
      Flow over a Finned Tube Heat Exchanger ÔÇô Simulation Example - ANSYS Innovation Courses
      Regards
      Kishan

• Swathi V. V.
      Ansys Employee
      Hello Fluent will solve for the convection heat transfer with the boundary condition you have specified. Can you compare the heat flux at the tube wall or the total heat transfer rate flux report for two different values of heat transfer coefficient ?
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.