Fluids

Fluids

Heat Transfer Analysis using Ansys FLUENT ~ HELP

• jeeventh
      Subscriber

Hello Everyone,

I am quite new to the CFD world and currently doing a simulation for my Masters. I'm trying to simulate a heat transfer analysis using a Flat plate and tube attached to it and the water flows through the tube (Screenshot Attached). I need to apply heat to the flat plate and study the heat transfer and the pressure drop of the fluid. But After the simulation run, I don't see any heat transfer happening. Below are the parameters I used to run the simulation. I have attached the parameters.

Please help to identify my mistake.

• Raef.Kobeissi
      Subscriber
      Is your flat plate a surface? Or is it a solid geometry with a thickness? Have you paid attention to the contact between the pipe and the plate?
    • jeeventh
      Subscriber

Hi,

It is a solid geometry with a thickness of 0.5mm. Yes, I checked the contact region between the Plate and the Tube. In the Boundary conditions, I Applied the heat to the surface of the plate and heat flux between the plate the tube. And also between tube and the fluid domain. 

• jeeventh
      Subscriber

Hi, 

Can anyone help me solve this issue please?

• Raef.Kobeissi
      Subscriber
      Can you upload a sketch of your case please.
    • rohandoijode
      Subscriber

How did you calculate heat flux for the surface ?

• jeeventh
      Subscriber

Hi Raef,

I have attached the sketch to my google drive and shared it. Link

Thanks for your help

• jeeventh
      Subscriber

Hi,

I used the data from a research journal. Do you think i have to calculate the heat flux according to the geometry?

Thanks!

• nuramuaz1
      Subscriber

Hi Raef.

I observed you are an expert in CFD. Pls kindly assist me with two-phase analysis.  my earlier thread read as follows:

I want to analyse two-phase interaction between nanoparticle and liquid, precisely water. Though there are numerous video tutorials online, I never came across any that treat nanofluid as a solid-liquid heterogeneous mixture. I have created my geometry and meshing was successful. in the pre-processing, I want a guide on how to set up the multiphase parameters using Eulerian VOF and mixture models in the turbulent region. I have knowledge of the turbulent setup. I would appreciate your response. 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.