Fluids

Fluids

Heat transfer fluid-solid-solid

• Abdmen
      Subscriber
      Please i doing the simulation of water flowing inside a pipe of steel covred with an insulation material, i'm doing the simulation in 2D, i do the meshing and creat the interfaces between the different materials (steel,insulation) when it comes to the interface between water and steel i use as material steel, but when runing the simulation the temperature of the fluid remain constant the same for all othe rmaterials, please any seggustion how to solve this problemnand thank you so much n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Please can you post images of the wall or interface settings. n
    • Abdmen
      Subscriber
      yes of course sir nn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      That's an external wall, so you won't get any heat from one side to the other as there is only one side. If you expand up the Geometry part in the first image I suspect you've not created a part in DesignModeler (or component if coming from SpaceClaim). Check the interface settings in Fluent, using Help, to see if it's a missing selection there or redo the geometry & mesh.n
    • Abdmen
      Subscriber
      in this case i didnt gather all the components in one part, but when i do so i always get the same prblem, just walls without their shadowsn
    • Abdmen
      Subscriber
      here sir what i get when i gather them in one part u can see the the interfaces between water and the pipes is created as interior, i dont know whynthank you n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Check what the cell zones are created as, you may find the whole lot is fluid or solid. If that's the case correct those and the surface bc's should sort themselves out. n
    • Abdmen
      Subscriber
      the solid zone are generated as solids, same for the fluid onesnthank youn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      In Fluent you have all the zones as solid? Or all fluid? n
    • Abdmen
      Subscriber
      NO the solid one is as solid and the fluid one is as fluid, for water is fluid and for the other components is solid n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Looking closely that interior is the fluid facets: don't change that. Where are the wall:wall-shadow pairs in your domain and what are their settings?nOut of interest where is the software running from? R16 is ancient so I'd suggest updating to 2020R2. n
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.