Fluids

Fluids

Heat transfer in porous media

• nisani
      Subscriber

Hello,

I modelled a air cooled heat exchanger as porous media. Also I want to add heat transfer using radiator model in b.c(There is air flow in the porous zone). When I define the porous media, fluent automatically creat a interior-porous in internal boundary conditions and I defined this interior-porous as a radiator, but after run the calculation there wasnt any heat exchange. 

Thanks in advance

Have a nice days.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      What did you set on that surface? Images will help.
    • nisani
      Subscriber
      Thank you for your respond,
      The air temperature 288K and all heat exchanger temperature 311 K

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Replot with node values off. Also plot the flow field to confirm flow is actually going through the porous zone and not around it.
    • nisani
      Subscriber

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Can you zoom in and show the mesh on that plane?
    • nisani
      Subscriber

• nisani
      Subscriber
      When I defined the interior-porous as a radiator, it looks like this

• nisani
      Subscriber
      I'm so sorry, I'm in a bit of a hurry. I thought you forgot to reply and created a new post.
    • nisani
      Subscriber
      Do you have a any idea why its not working ?
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      More likely you posted after I finished for the day.
      The jump in cell size won't help, but given the distance and dT you may find the contact time is too low. Plot the temperature contour with node values off on the same view as the velocity vector image.
    • nisani
      Subscriber
      I think the problem is as can you see in temperature contour, The radiator temperature, which I defined as 311K, is not visible on the contour. Therefore, there is no heat transfer. Somehow fluent take into account this temperature

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You're not setting the cell value, you're setting the model temperature. If you look at a household radiator it's generally a lot warmer than the air next to it.
    • nisani
      Subscriber
      Any idea why it is not working ?
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      I think it is working, increase the radiator temperature to 1500K and see what happens.
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.