Fluids

Fluids

Heat treatment simulation

• Krishna_M_j
      Subscriber

Is it possible to simulate a heat treatment process for granite in ansys fluent? Thank you in advance

• Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello I'm not sure that the process involves as I'm not an expert in that area. Could you elaborate? And what would your modeling goals be? Are you attempting to model the microstructural changes to the material after heat treatment?
      Karthik

• Krishna_M_j
      Subscriber
      Thank you for replying.I am trying to compare the strength of granite before and after conducting heat treatment( heating to a higher temperature (200c) and cooling it to room temperature). Also I want to conduct a fracture analysis after heat treatment.
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello Since you are interested in the Mechanical strength of the material, Ansys Mechanical might be more suitable for your simulation. You can solve the thermal problem (conduction) using Ansys Steady State or Transient Thermal. Regarding the assessment of strength, I'll let one of my colleagues pitch in on this.
      Also, I'm moving this to the structures sub-category for better alignment.
      Karthik
    • David Weed
      Ansys Employee

Are you familiar with ANSYS fracture analysis capabilities and if so what type of analysis did you have in mind?
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.